Unfortunately for all you nicotine addicts out there, smoking does NOT increase sex drive. In fact, smoking can reduce genital blood flow, and even reduce overall size of the man’s meat giraffe…not to mention making his teeth yellower!
But don’t fear, there are quite a number of natural herbal options that increase men’s and women’s sex drive, but first let’s learn more about the psychological and physical factors that are involved in sex drive.
There are five major areas involved in human sexuality and sex drive:
1. Psychological/Mental–The causes of psychological sexual dysfunction resulting in low male and female sex drive are numerous, and it is difficult to list them all, but most often low sex drive is related to depression, performance anxiety, marital stress or relationship problems, life crisis, financial difficulties, religious or moral repression, or some type of mental condition or illness.
2. Hormonal–Androgens, such as testosterone, are a major component of sex drive. Testosterone levels decline about 1 percent each year in men, which may contribute to lower male sex drive with aging. Testosterone also declines with age in women leading to a decrease in female sex drive. Women who have had surgical removal of the ovaries notice a drop in sexual interest. Replacement of androgens can be helpful in those with age related sexual dysfunction. Testosterone is available by prescription only. An over the counter hormones, such as DHEA, converts into testosterone and thus increase sex drive. Pregnenolone is another over the counter hormone that may increase testosterone levels and thus enhance sex drive. However, hormone use has drawbacks due to potential side effects. A better option is to use natural herbs that increase sex drive.
3. Vascular–Alterations in the flow of blood to and from the penis are thought to be a common cause of male erectile dysfunction. For instance, medical conditions such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes reduce blood flow to the penis and genital organs thus leading to difficulty with erection or genital swelling. Additional factors that can impede blood flow include penile injury, surgery in the pelvic or abdominal area, and sitting on a bicycle too long. Men who log several thousand miles a year on their mountain bikes suffer scrotal damage that could reduce their fertility.
4. Neural–Nerve damage from disorders such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinsonï¿½s disease, and stroke affect the brainï¿½s ability to respond to sexual stimulation. In women, abdominal or pelvic operations can occasionally lead to nerve damage. Sexual dysfunction is common in men undergoing surgical treatment for prostate enlargement or cancer.
5. Chemical–Some chemicals involved in the human sexual response and sex drive include dopamine, acetylcholine, and nitric oxide.
Herbs for Enhancing Sex Drive – There are dozens of herbs that enhance both male and female sex drive. I was gonna tell you a few, but here’s a better idea. Quit smoking you filthy fuckers!!!